CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving and beyond

I haven't felt like blogging lately so I am going to do a little catch up here. I went home to Utah for Thanksgiving and it was great to see all of my family, especially my sweet little niece and nephew. I can't believe how fast they are growing up! I also did not have to go see Twilight by myself and Jamie and I went and had a great time (minus the police involvement!). I was upgraded to first class for my flights (thanks Steph!) and got to watch Donny Osmond sleeping! The only down side to the trip was I did not see the sun for 4 days and was glad to come home to that!

The new promotion at work is going well and I am a LOT less stressed! I am learning a lot and find it very rewarding. I am also working on my application for grad school so wish me luck! My raise kicked in and I really appreciated the extra money as I had to get my brakes done. I called my good buddy mechanic Wayne and he fixed me right up! He is a sweet old man and always treats me right, which is nice in this town!

I was pretty busy this week. I had a date, which did not work out the way I planned, but really how often do my dates work out? Maybe I have a glitch in my Karma somewhere and it is playing out in my dates. The search continues. I also went to an amazing art show at a place called The Arts Factory (http://www.theartsfactory.com/index.html). I work with a therapist who owns a gallery there and he had a showing. I loved the paintings but prices were a little out of my league, $3,000 out of my league to be exact! There was another artist I really liked and to check out her work you can go here http://www.nikijsands.com/ It was really neat to check out such great artists.

Today I want to lay on the couch all day and watch movies, but I will actually be cleaning my house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, and heading to the bookstore, I mean there has to be some pleasure in there somewhere! In parting, I leave you with the question mechanic Wayne asked me "Why are you still single? I hear the Irish have no trouble finding mates." Huh?

1 comments:

Amy said...

i'm happy you posted!