CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pillow talk

At the beginning of the year, I started a lifestyle change (I refuse to call it a diet) and am proud to say that I am down 30lbs from when I started. With this weight loss, there has been a lot of changes in my wardrobe as things have become to big on me. As I have been cleaning out my closet, it has been really hard for me to give some of the things away because of the great fabric. So I decided to make pillows! No they do not match anything in my house, and yes I will probably have more than I need, but look how cute they turned out!

Now as we all know, my sewing skills are severely lacking and luckily pillows are forgiving, just don't look to close at my closing stitches! I had only one mishap and surprisingly I wasn't even sewing yet. I was simply threading the bobbin........
It looks like that because I got it so twisted up that I had to cut through all the thread to get it off the bobbin. If that was the least of my problems, I am happy. I may attempt to put together a funky blanket next!

On another note, sometimes I see weird things in Vegas. This happened to be in the parking lot of my work building. I guess it's not that weird but if you have never seen a hot air balloon up close, they are HUGE. See how small the truck looks?
And just because I miss it........
***Coming soon, my first grown up purchase!

5 comments:

Smiley Family said...

GREAT pillows Stacey - I love all the patterns! I saved all of Brian's shirts that no longer fit him and have been wanting to make a blanket out of them, but I just haven't had the time yet. Can't wait to see what your big purchase is!

Amy said...

Love the pillows- they're so great! way to refurbish Stace...
I can't wait to see your new purchase, and I love seeing your feet in the sand!
hugs...

Sephalo said...

You're such a talented little princess.... I'm really proud of you and your need for smaller clothes! :)

I cant wait to see your grown up purchase too!

Love your guts so much!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Way to recycle and re-use! That is a great idea and they turned out fabulously. Congrats on losing 30 lbs. I need to do the same-I'll start Monday. Ha ha.
The suspense is killing me on your grown up purchase.

Mary said...

Stacey congrats, what a beautiful bed. The funny thing about being a grown up is now you can afford it and can never get enough time in it!
Stace you look so fabulous!You are radiant and happy. Hawaii and friends agree with you! Love you