CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

No internet

I have been trying to steal internet from all of my neighbors since I moved here and apparently they all smartened up and I can not access it anymore, ergo I have not been blogging. So I am sitting at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf trying to catch up on everything and it may be a long one (although it is FREEZING in here so we will see how much I can stand!). I am enjoying a Pumpkin Latte because I have to try and find Autumn somewhere!

Work has been a nightmare and I am working 10 hours a day right now. Hopefully I will get some new staff in this week and start getting them trained. All I can say is they are not paying me enough money and I WILL be asking for a huge raise come January!

I was able to get in some fun times and went to the Renaissance Fair last weekend.

No I did not wear this the whole time!

There were a lot of these back in those days!

Nothing like flogging a teenager (I'm not kidding) Seriously people, this is supposed to be a family event! The fair was actually quite comical and for some reason people thought that in the renaissance days you dressed like a Gothic fairy. Lots of black eyeliner and wings!

I also went to "Rock Band Live" at the Hard Rock with my friend Abby from work.

Panic at the Disco
Dashboard Confessional

Plain White Tees were there too. It was open to people of all ages so of course it was FULL of middle school aged kids. We stood closer to the back of the event.......next to all the parents. Man I am getting old! This actually turned into a bit of a blind date in which I got into a political debate with this guy and needless to say we would never work out! He did however buy us all dinner at a fancy sushi restaurant, Nobu, in which we had deep fried snapper!
He ordered for everyone without even asking, which is another reason we would not work out. I try people, I really do but it is hard to meet quality people in your 30's. I have found that it is especially hard in Vegas where people just aren't very friendly. Oh well, the search continues!

As promised here are a few pictures from Barry Manilow.


Book Club friend, Sameya

I have quite a few more but my toes are about to fall off from frostbite and I really need to get into my 100 degree car.

And lastly for Amy, I had great intentions of putting my recipe down for the Quinoa quiche and of course I left it on the counter. I did however have a picture! I will get it to you soon! I also found a great recipe for Pumpkin Truffles, Pumpkin Bourbon Pudding, and Zucchini Brownies that I want to share with you!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hello, famous blogger, (see above comment)....Those recipes sound so yummy! get on your internet sista!! xoxox.
Steph- If you are reading your sister's blog, please update yours okay?

Princess said...

Aunt Mary I accidentally deleted your comment! Love you!

All About M.E.('s) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
All About M.E.('s) said...

Nice guy to pay for everyone's dinner, but c'mon are there really people out there who order for everyone? That would drive me nuts!
I think that it's fabulous that you are getting out as much as you are. Seriously, if I moved away and didn't know anyone, I would probably just stay home all the time and cry because I didn't have any friends instead of being like you and actually making some friends.
Go Barry Manilow.

Smiley Family said...

Mmmmm, pumpkin truffles! Sounds delightful! Recipe please!!

Sorry you are working so much - you DO deserve a raise!

Can't wait until we can see you again.

Oh, and you are going to LOVE Ashlyn's Halloween costume :)