CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quick update

I have not had any internet for the past week so I am going to do a quick update and then I will have to post the pictures at a later time. Barry Manilow was AWESOME! Seriously I forgot how much I love him. My parents had a record with his music when I was younger and I used to torture Stephanie by playing that record over and over and singing on my "stage" with my "microphone". The best part is he sounds the exact same and thanks to plastic surgery, his face looks the same too! Pictures will follow soon!

I went to book club on Sunday and we discussed "The Kite Runner". I have read this before but it was such a great book, I did not mind doing it again. Our book for next month is "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by the same author. I am also reading a couple of books by author Michael Chabon who is actually going to be coming here for a book signing and I thought it would be fun to read some of his work and then go meet him and hear a reading and have my books signed!

I also just got invited to go see Panic at the Disco and Plain White Tees at the Hard Rock Cafe tomorrow night, so I am looking forward to that and will let you know how it goes! I am trying to do as much as I can outside of work because work has been Hell lately! I had to get rid of 2 people which takes my call center of 5 dow to a center of 3. Needless to say, I am working alot and feeling the pressure! Yesterday I got the, "Are you ok? You look really tired!" Thanks for telling me I look like crap!

2 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Why don't people understand how rude that comment is? I hate being told I look tired - half the time I'm not! I know I have dark lines under my eyes people - get over it!!

Anyway, sorry work sucks so bad. But, I am glad you are getting out so much. We had our book club last night and we still miss you!

Did you get to see Sandy?

Amy said...

I laughed sooo hard about BM! I can just imagine you with your mic. Did you remember to take one with you to the show? I would have said concert, but it is vegas, right? I want to go to a book reading/signing. I'll have to check out his work, let me know what one you choose to read, maybe we can do a long distance book club? Panic at the disco is such fun..look at you go with your bad A social life! I went to the fish auction today, and also, the gas station. Somehow, it pales in comparison. I miss you so
xoxo