CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Catch up

I don't know what is wrong with me lately, but I have had no interest in blogging. I think it is partly because I know I am going to have to commit to some time as my computer is slower than molasses! I am going to try and be better though. Halloween came and went without any fanfare. Once again not one person came to my door (I did NOT buy candy this year) and once again, I was the only one who dressed up at work. Where is the sense of fun???? I was the Octomom (thanks for the idea Steph!)
I got so many compliments on my "hair" that I decided to mix things up and dye it! I don't have any pictures yet, and trust me, you do NOT want to see me right this second, so as soon as I decide to take one, I will post it.

I have also started baking a treat for work on Mondays. Mondays suck as it is, so I wanted to bring treats for everyone to try and brighten the day. Here are a few things I have made so far but unfortunately I have not taken pictures of everything I have done. First we have Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Apple Toffee Tartlets
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls (which took entirely TOO MUCH time!)
Here is my spin on Carrot cake in which I mixed half carrots, half sweet potatoes. I am so mad I did not take a picture of the finished product. I did it in my bundt pan and it was so pretty!
I also made 1,000 Calorie Bars, Peanutty Buckeye bars, and Lemon Squares. My next treat is Molasses Sandwhich Cookies. I LOVE to bake, and since I have been eating healthy it has been hard for me, but this allows me to do what I love and then give away to other people!

I have been doing a lot of craft projects too and Celeste gave me this idea from a Womans Day magazine.
You take your old sweaters and make pillow cases out of them and close them up using cute buttons. So cute! I of course have been doing a lot of crocheting but nothing new or exciting.

I have also been trying to help with my "carbon footprint" in small ways and I found these bags at Ross for $1.00 and use them whenever I go shopping. I don't only use them for groceries but also at the bookstore, the craft store, and the little ones I use as my lunchbox!
That's about it! The weather here has just been wonderful. We are finally getting into fall though and the reason I could tell was this.....
Yes, we have a tree in Vegas, and it changed colors! Very exciting, as you can see from the background that we do not get a lot of color out here! I am so excited to come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas and can't wait to spend time with my family! Even in the cold ;)

6 comments:

Sephalo said...

You're so awesome! I love that you try so many different things and then if they're good, I try them! lol
See, instead of those cute pillow sweater wraps, you should've just worn the sweater when you come :)

Cant wait to see you, love you mucho!

Smiley Family said...

LOVED the costume! Hilarious!! Those pillows are adorable, what a great idea. And all your baked goods look divine! Your coworkers are LUCKY! We can't wait to see you. And yes, please blog more...

Celeste said...

You have made me hungry! I want some of that cheesecake. I think that is very nice of you to bring some food to work. I am betting that they love you at work. Your pillows look beautiful! I am proud of your bags that you use. I love you!

Mary said...

Oh how I wished I worked in your office. Great treats! OctoMom cracked me up. Are those your dolls???

Can't wait to see the hair, making a change for autumn. You are changing with the leaves. Hee hee.

What a great idea for the pillows. I love them!

I miss you and Love you!

Amy said...

I want your sweater pillows! so crafty..look at you go with your baking skills. I think the biggest skill is giving it all away. You're amazing chica!

I want to see a pic of your black hair....

Amy said...

P.s. did you find the one and only tree in vegas?