CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back to basics

It has been WAY to long since I blogged! It's partially because I really need a new computer and it takes me hours to do a post because this one is so slow!! I am going to try and be better.
I recently watched a movie called Food Inc. I think EVERYONE should watch this movie! I have been eating healthy (for the most part, lol) for quite some time now, but have recently kicked it up a notch to organic foods. This does require some effort and I by no means am eating everything organic, but have been buying my fruits, vegetables, and dairy this way and a limited amount of meat. During my last trip to "whole paycheck" i.e. "Whole Foods" I was having difficulty finding organic pickles. Pickles are the one thing that I cannot live without. If I had to pick one food to eat forever, it would be pickles. So, I decided to make my own today (all organic ingredients!), and I am so excited!!!
I will let you know how they turn out as soon as I am able to crack them open! It is really hard to be patient! I also made molasses cookies for work on Friday and ate a couple of them and they were by no means organic or healthy but they were really, really good!

On another exciting note, this beautiful girl is about to have a baby!!!!
She started having contractions yesterday and she just texted me that she is at an 8 and should be ready to push in an hour. I can't believe it! I am so glad she waited so that it would be a Gemini, although I was really pushing for my birthday, lol! I am so glad we got some pool time together as that is probably it for the next couple years! :) Love you so much Celeste!!!

9 comments:

Mary said...

WOW. I am so impressed! I bet they are fantastic. I LOVE THE WAY THEY LOOK!!!! Awesome pictures.
I watched Food Inc. also and oh my it was very impacting. Food other than home grown or organic really doesn't make sense does it.
I wish McDonalds would get on the organic wagon so I don't feel so guilty about those egg mcmuffins!
SO proud of you Stace. I love that you are taking good care of yourself.

Sephalo said...

Instead of the lady with all those cats, you're gonna be the lady with all those jars of pickles! hahaha


Go team Celestial!

Smiley Family said...

I hate that she could wear a bikini. Not fair at all.

Those pickles look so good! Way to go! I can't wait to hear how they turn out.

Ms K said...

Hello Niece...a voice from out of nowhere!

Was cleaning out my favorites (really bored) and find one that said "family blogs" and thought "what are these?" so I checked. Noticed yours is actually somewhat current so thought I'd say hi and keep yours bookmarked.

Hope all is well with you - will keep checking to see what's going on in your life - always interested.

BTW FYI I now have 3 great-grandchildren and a 4th on its way. Hard to believe!

Love you Aunt Kittie

P.S. Your pickles look delicious...

Ms K said...

Hello Niece...a voice from out of nowhere!

Was cleaning out my favorites (really bored) and find one that said "family blogs" and thought "what are these?" so I checked. Noticed yours is actually somewhat current so thought I'd say hi and keep yours bookmarked.

Hope all is well with you - will keep checking to see what's going on in your life - always interested.

BTW FYI I now have 3 great-grandchildren and a 4th on its way. Hard to believe!

Love you Aunt Kittie

P.S. Your pickles look delicious...

Amy said...

Hey,
why did I not see this?
Yum Pickles. They look delish Stace!

brian said...

Update your blog numb nuts!!

Smiley Family said...

You took the words right out of my head Bri.

Dulantha said...

WOW......!