CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Green Thumb?

I love plants and I love having them in my house. When I moved I had plants that I had loved and cared for, for over 10+ years. If you recall, I murdered them by putting them in my car for "safe travel" and they burned to death in the hot Nevada desert. This is the only plant that survived because it was safely out of the suns rays in the U-Haul.
As you can see, this plant has been through quite a bit and has some serious wear and tear but I have had this plant for 13 years and since it was about 6 inches big. We have a very special bond!

I have looked for house plants off and on in various stores since I moved here but have been unable to find any. On Saturday I noticed that a nursery had opened up down the street and decided to stop in. Well I found a glorious arrangement of house plants and the best part of all, they were only $1.98 each! Here is what I scored and please ignore the cable chord in the photo....
My apartment already feels brighter and lighter! Such a small thing for large happiness! I just hope I don't kill them!

4 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Yay for house plants. I always kill my plants. I have 8 plants and probably about 7 are on their last leg. Well, that's not entirely true. I think that if I watered them, they might live. Maybe I'll do that. Right now.

All About M.E.('s) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I love them!!! I have tortured plants most of my life, (who kills cacti??, me thats who). but I have found a new determination to fill my house with life.(It also helps that I live in humidity all year round.) I am happy you got such a great deal. I love it when that happens...
xoxo

Mary said...

Yeah new healthy friends. May they live long and prosper!

xoxoxoox