CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Slacker

I have been a huge blogger slacker lately, but am going to try to to do better from now on! I don't have anything too exciting this time, just some updates. A couple weekends ago I went to Ephraim to visit Celeste and of course I pick the weekend where a huge storm was coming in. It started snowing on Sunday and I decided that it might be a better idea to get up really early on Monday after the snow had stopped. Well that was a mistake! A drive that is usually 4 hours, took me 7! Here is a view of me driving 25mph down the highway.
Needless to say, I won't be doing that again until winter is OVER! I have never been so glad to see desert in my life!
I did get my test results back so if you want to know I can email you privately. Since I have an open blog and I don't know who is reading it, I'd rather not discuss some of my business so openly! In fact I may jump on the private bandwagon so I know who I am sharing my business with. I am pretty sure I have the email addresses of people I think are reading, so go ahead and leave a comment if you want me to include you on the list of readers.

Work has been completely insane (no pun intended ;P) and I do not see it slowing down anytime EVER! We are the only mental health provider for Health Plan of Nevada (insurance) which serves over 700,000 lives. Now this is not the only insurance we take, in fact we take quite a few others. Well the higher ups that be are in the process of trying to get a contract with Medicaid as well. Are you joking? Not that I don't think it would be great to help even more people, but I am pretty sure my company has no plans whatsoever of hiring more "helping hands" which just creates more work those of us there, and we are already overworked! Oh it just makes me so tired even thinking about it......

For the past week I have had this almost overwhelming craving for french fries. Now I like fries as much as the next person, but have never really been one to crave them. I have also been doing really well with watching what I eat and I have not cheated once this week! So today all I can think about is how good some fries would be and a great idea comes to me. I bought some pre-cooked Polenta (the one in the tube) the other day and have been trying to decide what to do with it. Well I sliced it up, put it on a cookie sheet, sprayed a little Olive Oil on it, and baked it! Wallah~healthy french fries!
Ok so maybe not french fries, but crunchy enough for me to pretend! And yes, I did dip them in Ketchup!

I have also been working on getting all 800 of the pictures from my digital camera, off of my computer and made into actual pictures. I have been making changes to some (black and white, cropping etc..) to get them how I like. Now I have always wanted to enter some of my photos into contests, and Celeste inspired me to go ahead and do it. She has entered some of her photos in various fairs and won! I have a feeling Vegas doesn't have a lot of county fairs, so I am on a mission to find a photo contest somewhere here, and make an entry. I may be asking permission from some of you (Jamie and Amy) as some of my best photos are of your children! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Count me in on the e-mail, I'm curious what your prognosis is. Good luck on the photo's-that is a huge project.

Sephalo said...

I dont know about those fries lol I think you should totally do some photo contests, you'd definately win! Love Yer Guts

Smiley Family said...

Yes, I would love for you to email me with more info on your prognosis. Brian told me a little, but, well...you know how he is ;) And yes, you may use my children to enter contests and win loads of $$$, but only if you give 50% to their college funds ;)!

Amy said...

your going private?? you big follower. How can I lurk?
Polenta "fries"? genius.
Can I mention that I will be your way in just three more days??
The cheese, the sparkling cider, the convo....
xoxoxoxoxoxox