CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shoes, Glorious Shoes!

I LOVE SHOES! I have always loved shoes! If I had money, I would have so many shoes, it would be ridiculous! Currently I own about 30 pairs of shoes, and that is only because I decided I needed to downsize before I moved and got rid of a bunch of them (I had close to 50 at that time). It was a very hard time in my life.

So yesterday I went with Celeste shopping because she is going on a cruise and needed some stuff. Our first stop was DSW and as I was walking through the door, I felt like I was walking through the pearly gates! Birds were singing, the sun was shining, and the smell was indescribable! If I was a millionairre, that would have been my closet! There were just aisles and aisles of all kinds of shoes! I could have stayed there and tried on shoes all day! We then went to Target and of course we hit the shoe section and saw these beaut's! Celeste decided these would be a great addition to the little black dress she has for "fancy night" on the cruise, and out of the kindness of her heart and the money from the Progressive guy, she bought a pair of them for me! Yeah, nice friend I have! These are hot!

My whole point of this blog is not only about how awesome shoes are, but also about the way a new pair of shoes make you feel. I don't know about everyone else, but you give me a new pair of shoes and I am on cloud nine! I seriously feel like a new person and depending on the type of shoe it is, I can become downright sassy! Take these shoes for instance, I wore them out to dinner last night and felt so great in them, that I left the waiter my number because I thought he was just so darn cute! I think he may have only been 17 though so I actually hope he doesn't call. So here's to you shoes! Even though you hurt me at times, I love you and can't imagine what life would be like without you! You bring so much joy and happiness to me, and for that I can never repay you!

5 comments:

Smiley Family said...

WOW, you really must have been feeling sassy to leave your number! That is too funny:) I hope he does call, even if he was only 17! You go girl!! And seriously, 50 pair?!? That is insane!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, one more thing that makes me believe we are soul sisters! First sushi and now shoes! I am obsessed with shoes also. I cry everytime I throw away a pair of shoes. Even the flip flops that the pups have chewed up. So since you and I are kinda one in the same do you think Celeste will buy me a pair too?
I'm going to go count my shoes now...

The Lund Five said...

I think I only have like 10 pairs of shoes, although I would love to have more. I definately need to get me a new pair of sandals soon. I had my last pair for about 3 years and they were pretty worn out. However they were comfortable and it was sad to throw them out. I could use some new shoes right about now!!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

AMEN! I love shoes, too and I love DSW. I also heard birds sing as I opened those glorious doors-a little piece of heaven right here on earth! Your new black shoes are beauties-love em.

Sephalo said...

I'm in love with shoes too, and I probably have as many as you do but most of mine are flip flops lol