CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

I will sue!

I realize I post about the ducks a lot and I will soon stop, but this one has to do with the geese. A few weeks ago I noticed the geese were acting a little strange. They were more vocal than usual (as if that is possible!) and they were spending a lot of time on the roofs and patio railings. I also noticed they were hissing at me a lot more when I walked by them. Now it may sound cute and funny, but geese can be vicious!

We got our monthly newsletter today from the apartment and in it they had a flyer that stated, and I quote " Mating season for the fowl is around the corner. If you see geese hanging around your patio/railing, please chase them away immediately. If they are allowed to stay there, they will "nest" and become QUITE FIERCE if approached." (This is EXACTLY what they look like!)


So today, Celeste and I were coming home from the coffee shop and were coming down our steps when a goose started coming towards us, fast! We both kind of stopped to see what it was going to do, and it just kept coming towards us, hissing like a feral cat. These things are crazy! I managed to get on the other side of it and it started coming for the backs of my legs, and of course I can't find my keys in my purse! I am telling it to beat it and stomping my foot towards it and it backed up enough for me to open my door and get safely in the house. Celeste is still stuck on the stairs and is scared to come down and I am yelling at her to make a run for it! She doesn't want to run for fear it will come at her so she slowly is moving towards the door and makes it in the house. We were laughing so hard at the absurdity of it!

My whole point to the story is that if I get attacked by a goose, I am suing this place! I realize I am much bigger than they are, but they are MEAN! The other problem is that they are protected under federal law which means I could get thrown in jail for hurting one! You can bet if one of those things starts pecking me with it's beak, I am gonna fight back! Hopefully I can get someone to bail me out of jail.

6 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

Thanks for the laugh today Stace. Oh that is good.

Smiley Family said...

I love your stories! That is pretty funny, I'd sue too.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Marty hunts geese. I'll send him over!

Sephalo said...

I'd bail you out of Jail....Then we'd start a fund-raiser to aid those affected by mean geese. Dont worry, I got your back!

Hello! said...

Don't be such a wuss. Geez luiz.
ha ha ha
Just kidding. I too have had run-ins with these mean, mean geese. They are serious little buggers and they mean BUSINESS!

Sandi said...

You are going to have to get tough with them. If you really chase after them they will back down and you will have some peace during mating season.