CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

I made it!

I finally made it to Vegas after 7+ hours in a Uhaul with Steph and Snack Pack. That is all I will say about that ;) There was a casualty and all of my plants are dead. Apparently, the car was too hot for them. I was quite sad as I have had some of them for over 10 years. I may just get cactus now. I have started the unpacking process and it is going a lot faster than I thought it would, so it is already starting to feel like my home. Unfortunately I am unable to find the cord for my camera, so no pictures just yet. When I find it, I will put up pictures of the new pad. I LOVE my apartment and think I made the right choice with it.

The weather has been just right and today we are at a balmy 102. I will have you all know my AC is set at 80 degrees and it is just right! Now that I am here, the itching and hives have stopped (a reaction to stress I believe) so I am feeling much better. Not so good is the fact that I have already seen my first cockroach, apparently everyone has them and as long as the buildings keep spraying on a regular basis, they are controlled. I smashed him and proceeded to call the building to tell them to spray NOW! So sick! As long as I don't see a Scorpion I will be fine.

I had today off, so that was really nice to be able to relax a little bit after the chaos of the last month. I have also found out that Target is not as cheap here nor is Albertsons. It is not a huge difference, but enough to notice. The water tastes different as well, but not gross, so I can get used to it. That is all for now, I will post more soon. I love and miss everyone and hope all is well.

5 comments:

whitneytherose said...

Stacy! we miss you so much! All our plant are dying too! I guess your presence alone keeps things alive. Don't let the Vegas heat dominate you plants.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Utah's not the same without you here. Hope Vegas knows how lucky they are to have you.

Anonymous said...

Stupid Vegas... Sure love you hope all is well, let me know if you need anything...

Love you

Asian

Sandi said...

/gross on the cockroaches. Remember S4ephanies experience with the dirty bugs? Take a picture with your new glasses on. I would love to see them. Love, Mom

Hello! said...

102? jeebs, don't melt!