CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

All good things end

If you know anything about me, you know that I am a realist (NOT a pessimist!) The past month has been a whirlwind of good things and positive outcomes, and it has been lovely, but I admit it has also made me very uncomfortable. Things in this life just do not happen this way. So while I have been enjoying all of it, I have also been waiting for the bottom to start falling out. Now I realize that these next few items are very small in the scheme of things, but I know life's pattern, and it is just the beginning!

A few days ago my foot started hurting and felt like someone was stabbing me in the heel every time I stepped on it. So I began walking on my tippy toe which caused my calf to seize up as I never use that muscle! I did some research and talked with a friend, as well as my mother, who had a similar thing, and have come to the conclusion that I have a bone spur.
This typically requires surgery at some point. They will have you try insoles first and possibly cortisone injections, but hello? do you really think I can give up my heels? Also, my insurance in Vegas does not kick in until tomorrow and I still have to wait to get my insurance card before I can see a Dr. My mood does not bode well when I am in pain.

Then, when I got home from work today, I decided to hang a picture that my wonderful friend Amy gave me for my birthday (she is an amazing artist, and I have been wanting this picture FOREVER!)
I was taking out some staples that had the frame protected and as I am doing this (with scissors) I stab myself in the palm (with scissors). Yeah, stabbing yourself hurts a little worse than cutting yourself. Of course my next thought is, please don't need stitches as you have no insurance right now! Luckily the bleeding stopped and I don't think I need stitches, but I will now worry about infection (the scissor were NOT clean!).
The other thing I know about life is that things always happen in 3's. So the bottom is starting to fall out but I have 1 more thing to look forward too. I should have waited for the 3rd thing to happen before I did this blog, but I decided I would leave this with a cliffhanger! I like to keep it exciting!

*Vegas Fact* Do not ask people where you can go to do Safety and Emissions. They will look at you like you are an idiot. Apparently the correct terminology here is "Smog check". Excuse me for my bad vocabulary!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Stacey! Didn't you read "The Secret"! You project what happens to you. Stop projecting bad juju for yourself. Positive energy! The next amazing thing will be when you go see the Orthopedist he will hold your tender foot and then look into your eyes and shazam! the man of your dreams!

Positive projections.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox hee hee hee

Sephalo said...

Um, hello! You are SO a pessimist! Dirty scissors..tsk tsk lol I love you and I miss you and things will be JUST FINE!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mary and steph. You are maybe thinking about it too much and you are going to bring something bad your way. Also you sound like a pessimist. Now come on, let's think positively. I miss you and I think your appartment looks like ours. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous. I'm not sure how that happened.

Anonymous said...

Here's your #3- Shannon Doherty died on the 7am showing of Charmed this morning. *Tear* Life is so unfair somtimes. Luckily she will be coming back to us through the new and improved 90210 second edition... Life will go on.