CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Books

I met with my book club on Sunday and we discussed "A Thousand Splendid Suns"by Khaled Hosseini, also the author of "The Kite Runner". Such a great read although very sad. Our book for November is "The Almost Moon" by Alice Sebold.
I am excited to read this and if you know her other books "The Lovely Bones" and "Lucky", you know what a great writer she is. I have really missed book club in Utah. We have not had a very big showing to the one I am in here, and honestly the discussions are lacking. I am considering starting a 2nd club to try and see if I can find some more interesting people.

I love to read and I tend to go through phases where I find a series of books I like and can't seem to put them down. The Twilight series was like that for me and I have now been hooked on Ann Rices' Vampire Chronicles. You know "Interview with a Vampire"! I am on the 3rd book right now "Queen of the Damned" and I am hooked! Apparently I have a thing for vampires! Speaking of vampires, I have no one to go see "Twilight" with when it comes out and since I am not missing the opening night, I may be forced to go alone. If anyone wants to come to Vegas at that time, the movie and popcorn is on me!

Now in the spirit of the election, get out and VOTE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aBaX9GPSaQ

5 comments:

Amy said...

throw in a plane ticket and i'll totally see twilight w/ you opening night!

Nina said...

I will fly out and see the movie with you!!!! Since no one here wants to see it with me, I will drag Steph with me too!!!!!!

Monica Lifferth said...

Oh we miss you too Stace. We just had a wonderful book club. It was a really good discussion. We read "The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes". I would totally recommend it. I think the majority of the book club would agree. Good Book.

Sephalo said...

Nina will see it with you! lol

Smiley Family said...

Believe me, I would LOVE to go to Vegas to see Twilight with you. I saw a trailer and it looked much better than I had anticipated and now I am really excited!

And we miss you too!!!!