CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Promotion

After 5 months here in Vegas, I have apparently earned myself the opportunity of another promotion. It is not technically official until next week, but they are getting rid of the person in that position tomorrow. I am excited about this position and think it will be very educational and great experience for my career. My new title will be Director of Care Coordination. My job will entail keeping track of all the patients that need to go inpatient for any mental health or substance abuse issues. I will keep track of their stays and then make sure they have the follow care they need post hospital. This is the part I like. I will also be responsible for getting the crisis workers out to the E.R's when they call in. The not so fun part is having to deal with insurance companies who do not want patients in the hospital because it costs them money. Aw money, the root of all evil! I know I will have a difficult time denying someone access to something they may truly need. The other bad part is trying to fill the shoes of the woman who has been in this position for quite some time, and trying to deal with the angry people she has worked with, who are going to be upset that she has been let go. Back to a good part is of course a raise, which is ALWAYS nice! I will also not have to supervise a bunch of people, which is great, because let's be honest, I don't think I am really "boss" material. I mean, I can do it, and I am good at it, but I hate it. All in all I think this will be a good change for me and a little less stressful. I do wish I did not have to be at work when they actually let her go though.

7 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

Congrats Stace! Good luck with all the ins and outs of the job. You will do great!

Mary said...

Congratulations Stacey! I think this is your "cup-o-tea". You have such compassion and drive and it will be put to good use.

Very proud of you!

Love you

All About M.E.('s) said...

Good job! THat is awesome. Hopefully the lay-off passed by without too much drama? Congrats.

Amy said...

I cant believe you forced that poor woman out of a job.

Sephalo said...

I'm so proud of you Stace! You are doing a great job over in sin city! Ur chippin away at that sin a little at a time...you go girl! lol Love you!

Smiley Family said...

AWESOME!! Maybe with the extra cash you'll be pulling in you can afford to come back to Utah a little more often!

Paul and Brookelle Thomsen said...

You are amazing! I knew they would love you there but I really wish you were still here.