CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

First, I am legal and officially have internet now. Thanks Cox Communications guy!

I love Halloween. It has always been my favorite holiday and I love to dress up. That being said, I did not dress up this year and although I was invited out, I did not feel like going. Work has been overly stressful and I just wanted to go home and relax (There is another promotion in the works though). I decided that I better grab some candy before I went home for the little trick or treaters. This is what the bowl looked like at the beginning of the night.....
And here is what it looked like at the end of the night......
That's right, the same (minus 2 Dove dark chocolates, I admit I bought them so I could have some!). I did not have any trick or treaters. Not one. I should have known, I am in Vegas after all. I don't think kids are allowed to trick or treat here. Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen any kids since I have been here. Oh well, I will be a hit at book club tomorrow with goodie bags!

In parting here is a picture of a particularly bad hive day. Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Lund Five said...

Last Halloween we had about 3 little groups of Trick-or-Treaters and a bunch of Candy left. This year, both Dave and I took the kids Trick-or-Treating and didn't even bother passing out candy. I think that is just how it is in Apartment complex's and townhouses. All the people who live in the townhouses were taking their kids to the neighborhood where all the rich people live!

Mary said...

Oh Geeze! Lets see you commented on 2 important things, stress and hives. Hmmmmm...I so feel for you Stace! Cut your fingernails extremely short that may help.

I absolutely love your idea of a recipe blog!!! What a great idea to print it out at the end of the year.

Halloween is great fun. We NEVER get trick or treaters. I still buy 1 bag of candy and allow the 24 hour rule (eat candy without guilt for 24 hours then it is in the trash). Works pretty good for us.

I loved it when Katie was in Elem. school because they had trick or treating at the classroom doors and I could hand out candy. I would get my fix of kids, candy and I could dress up.

Happy Halloween!!!

ps: thanks for the nice comment. I love you triple grande!

Sephalo said...

Dude...nice hives. I blame Vegas :)

Smiley Family said...

I wish we could have brought Ashlyn to your door - she would have taken the whole bowl!! She loved trick-or-treating this year, and would have gone for hours if we had let her! In fact, I took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood today and she kept saying "trick-or-treat" over and over!