CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Conversation in a grocery store

Guy: Hi.
Me: Hello.
Guy: How are you doing today?
Me: I'm good, and yourself?
Guy: Good. If you don't mind me saying, you are one nice thick woman.
Me: Thank you? as I walk away

Apparently thick is the new fat? I guess I will take it as a compliment.

I have not felt like blogging this week so I will update. The firing of the poor old lady went without a hitch other than the fact she took all of the knowledge of her job with her. That's right, I am once again thrown into a position where nobody really knows what I will be doing. Good luck to me! My employees were very sad, so that of course always makes you feel good! I start officially on Monday and already have some things due that I have no idea how to do! Again, good luck to me!

The weather here is still heaven! We hit 78 today and had beautiful blue skies! I sat out on the patio this morning and read an entire Ann Rice book, it was WONDERFUL! I also made the Pumpkin spiced truffles, which actually turned into fudge as it was too sticky to form into balls. I don't know if this was user error or recipe error, but whatever it was, it was a mess! They were delish, but I do not think I would put the name Pumpkin in the title. This is really something I should be talking about on my recipe blog. The day has been great and relaxing, and the only time I got sad was hearing about my sweet nephews birthday party, which I obviously missed. Time goes by way too fast sometimes!

I had some friends come into town this past weekend and we had a lot of fun. Lots of gambling, lots of losing, but I did have a great run of luck at the Black Jack table, so I can still buy groceries this week. I have been debating on whether I should post the pictures and finally decided to do it as comic relief. Can you tell what I may have been embarrassed about?
Oh how I wish this bike was mine! So cool! And apparently very hot!
Me and famous Marilyn Monroe. Hot but not that hot!
Me and Arnold. Thankfully not hot at all! Well maybe a little.

So I have a gland problem! I am still very thick!

3 comments:

Amy said...

there is NOTHING better than a thick, juicy steak!

Celeste said...

That guy was obviously liking you, but didn't know how to address you appropriately. I'm sorry you had to fire people. Enjoy the lovely weather.

Sephalo said...

Actually, when someone calls you thick it is a GREAT compliment! You go girl! BTW I thought you were using that clinical strength anti persparent? hhhmmm guess not lol LOVE YER GUTS!