CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Little Things....

As I have grown older (and wiser!) I have to come to realize that it is the "little" things in life that really matter. I had two "little" things happen to me recently that re-affirmed this. One "little" thing that turned into a big thing and another "little" thing that is not so big, but both brought me a lot of happiness.

The first happened the other day at work. Now work has been incredibly difficult and hard on me lately and it has made me very frustrated. I have felt overworked and underpaid and with them cutting our salaries, AND piling more work on us, it has made things worse. A co-worker of mine, who has also become my friend, took a notice to this and did something "little" for me. I came into work one morning and this was sitting on my desk.
This was such a nice gesture and it really made my day that someone was thinking about me and appreciating the hard work that I do! It was such a small thing, but it is a nice feeling to have someone think about you and then to let you know it!

The second thing happened today. I was going to a used book store to trade in some books and it was not open yet so I decided to stop into Kohl's to window shop. I probably window shopped for over an hour and was getting ready to leave when I noticed this and it was like Manna from the heavens!
I used to work in a store that had a whole selection of essential oils that you could mix into lotion or body wash, and they had a scent called Egyptian Musk and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the smell of this! I would pour it into my nostrils if I could! So when I saw the name on this I about died, and it smells the EXACT same as that oil! To top it all off, it was on sale and I proceeded to buy two bottles. I immediately sprayed it all over the interior of my car, all through the clothes in my closet, on my sheets, couch, carpet, shower curtain etc, etc.. Then I kept walking outside and clearing my nose because I was getting used to the scent and wanted a clear nose with which to smell this goodness. "Little" thing, BIG deal! Made my day!

May 23rd 2009

6 comments:

Sephalo said...

I hope things get easier at work for you little lady, you are such a hard worker!
I dont know what that musk smells like but it CANT be any worse than that dirt smell you like! hahaha

Love your guts!

Smiley Family said...

I love getting hand-written cards! They are just so rare in our modern, technological world!

Amy said...

I love reading your blog chica! so nice to get a little kindness unexpectedly. More sweet that way. Also JOY JOY on your musky scents. I remember your eyes glazing over when you would describe your long lost scent. I can just see you spraying it everywhere, "pouring it down your nostrils" I love you and miss you. Also, I broke my hand.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I love it when I find a good buy. Something that I really needed, but didn't realize that I needed it until I saw it and it happens to be on sale. :) It makes my day every time too!
And, it is always nice to be recognized when you think that nobody notices. I'm sure you deserved it!

Celeste said...

How nice of your co-worker! Is it a good book? I miss you and I'm happy that you found your favorite sent. Please don't pour it into your nostrils! I don't think that will be healthy!

Mary said...

Stacey, you so know how to love life!

I love you and miss you!