CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Live

I got this idea from somebody else but I really liked it so I am going to steal it! Here is a quote about what it is all about.

"Last year I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January - a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. Last year my word was something I wanted to bring into my life in a more tangible way. My word was play.I thought a lot about play and what it means to me. I tried to incorporate it more into my everyday and on my adventures out in the crazy world. For me, it was a lot about living without fear - about being more open to experiences with an attitude of playfulness."


So I have decided I am going to try this out and my word for 2008 is LIVE.






I am not calling it a New Years resolution because I hate those. It is simply something I am going to do. I am going to wake up every day and have that be my first thought in the morning. "Today I am going to live!" I am going to make the most of each day and not be afraid to try and do new things. There are so many things I want to do in this life and I am sick of just talking about them, I want to actually be able to say "I did that". So there you have it, my New Year's word.

I also wanted to add these pictures of my sweet little guy. He was blessed today and he is such a sweet angel. I love him to death!



Doesn't Steph look great! I wish I could hide my hips behind a baby! Baby got back is more like it!



Oh, I just want to moosh his face!



This picture does not do what Brian was doing justice, I caught it on the way down. He was throwing Belle up in the air and probably had her 3 or 4 feet above his head! She of course was loving it!

5 comments:

Smiley Family said...

LIVE, I love it. I am also not very good at resolutions. I am going to steal your idea and come up with my own New Years word. You'll have to look for it on my blog.

Thanks again for coming today, it meant a lot to have you there. And the bread was delicious!! Thanks for being such a great sister-in-law and aunt to my kids!

Monica Lifferth said...

I've read about this just this year too. I think it is a great idea. It was great to see you today!

Sephalo said...

Did you learn how to read peoples minds when you were in school? Lol I'm doin a word for the year too! I love you Stace, you're a GREAT sister!

Sandi said...

I will try this and we will see how it works. It is hard for me to see any joy in coming up with words right now. I also want to apologize for not coming over after TJ's blessing. I did not get much sleep the night before and was feeling terrible. Please accept this apology.

Mary said...

What a nice family!!! Are you sure Belle liked that? What a neat idea focus on a word. Very encouraging.

Now tell me how you and Steph created such awesome blogs!

Love you!