CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sew what!

I have wanted to learn how to sew for quite a few years now. I tend to have a different style than others at times and have always wanted to be able to make my own cool clothes. I have no interest in actually taking a sewing class, which means I am trying to learn on my own.

I am not sure why I do things this way.

I received a sewing machine from my parents a few years ago and went out and bought a bunch of fabric and patterns. I made a few things that turned out pretty crappy and in the process, my machine stopped working. So I put my sewing machine away and it was not heard from again until my wonderful mother insisted I give it to her and she would take a look at it. Well unbeknownst to me she took it into a shop and had it repaired. I am so glad she did because I have been needing a winter project beside crocheting. So today I decided to grab my stack of clothes that needed some maintenance and I started hemming.

As I said before I really don't know what I am doing.

I tend to try and find the closest color thread that looks like the fabric and most of the time it doesn't match. I also hate pinning and measuring so I usually just start sewing and hope for the best. As you can tell by the pictures below, I don't always have the best judgment.




Oh well, who looks at the bottom of your pants anyway!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

give yourself some time and practice and you will get it. i'm glad to hear you are using it and i look forward to see some of your work soon. love you

Mary said...

Stacey, I love you so much. I am amazed how much Katie is like you! She is the same way when tackling a project. I guess it is genetic. I am all about instructions. I love your creativity and can't wait to see your results. You are such a domestic goddess!!

Smiley Family said...

Um..maybe a sewing class isn't such a bad idea!!

Monica Lifferth said...

I took a sewing class and I didn't love it. I thought the instructor was weird but I did learn a lot of small details. You really can't learn unless you actually do. So you have most of the equation. A lesson or two won't hurt. :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Sounds like fun-I'm sure you'll tackle it, no problem! I'm like you, I try and figure things out myself without taking classes. However, Monica is a class-taker and her stuff always turns out better than mine. I don't think it's the classes though, I think she's just more talented than I am :). Maybe you could take a class from her? She's quite the seamstress.