CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Las Vegas

I am home from my 3 day trip from Vegas and for the most part things went well. I was able to get acquainted with the people I would be working with and everyone was very nice and seemed like they would be fine to work with. It looks like I will be moving around the end of June, or a little before that. In the meantime, I will be flying back and forth between here and Vegas on a weekly basis and splitting my time between the 2 jobs. I have a feeling I am not going to have a lot of free time!

Here is a little run down of the other aspects of my trip. I arrived at the airport and was able to find the shuttle to get my rental car with no problems. I got a great rental car (very fun to drive) and headed out to find my hotel.
I had printed off directions from mapquest but as I started driving I realized they sucked and I had no idea which direction I was facing. North, East, South and West were lost to me. I was pretty much lost and freaking out that I was going to get into an accident in the rental car. I decided to pull into a shady looking gas station on one end of the strip and ask for directions, and a very nice woman helped me. I followed her directions to the hotel and realized too late that my exit forked and I ended back on the freeway in the opposite direction. I did find a frontage road off the next exit though and managed to find the hotel after that.

I checked into the hotel and as I am entering my room, I see a maid laying on my bed, watching TV. What the?
She jumps up and says "your room is just fine" and leaves. Ok, weird, and her perfume smelled! I probably would have turned her in, but I am sure she is overworked and underpaid, so give her a break! At this point it is almost 10 pm and there is no way I am going find somewhere to eat, so I run down to the gift shop and buy a bottle of water (which I proceeded to down before I bought it as I was DYING of thirst) and ate the cheese crackers I got for a snack on the plane. I am exhausted and decide to just go to bed. I think I had just fallen asleep when I hear someone trying to open their room with their key card and it is not working. They are repeatedly putting it in and pulling it out and talking about how it is not working when I realize they are trying to get in MY room. I finally get out of bed and open the door to 2 older men (they may have been having a lover's tryst) and let them know that they were given the wrong room. Sure enough they assigned us the same room, but luckily their key didn't work. They apologized and left and I went to sleep.
I wake up the next morning and leave about 45 minutes early, just to ensure I make it to work on time and of course, proceed to get lost. Thankfully I did leave early because I finally found the place right on time. Again, it is all due to me not knowing which way is South. Luckily the rest of the trip was uneventful, but I was starting to question my decision that first night and morning. The weather was awesome though (other than the wind) and I was able to go outside, at night, without a jacket, for the first time in months! My only other concern is all of the reports I have been seeing on apartment review websites about the scorpions. Apparently that is a bit of problem. As I was in the LV airport, I saw this lovely sculpture......
Is this a bad omen?

6 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

That picture of the maid is hilarious! You always have such funny stories!

Sephalo said...

Thats so funny! Nothin like bein thrown into the fire!

Ms K said...

Love your attitude! Isn't life such a great adventure. I'm glad you went, saw and I know you will conquer!!! And your story is funny and the picture of the maid - well that is priceless. Keep us all posted. Love, Aunt Kittie

Mary said...

Wow, what an intro to Vegas. See how much they NEED you! Sounds like you will be too busy to even think about the changes. I am very happy for you and can't wait to visit you in VEGAS!

LOVE YOU!

Paul and Brookelle Thomsen said...

Stacey I can't believe you are leaving me for Vegas! I am excited for you and I know you will like it. I can't believe you had a maid on your bed that is crazy what was she thinking!

Smiley Family said...

One good thing about you moving to Vegas is the stories you will tell!! What an adventure!