CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Opportunity

I have recently found out that I may have an opportunity to further my career, therefore my resume, therefore a possible better chance of getting into grad school. My work has another call center and they are thinking about putting in a new director to run this call center. I would be in charge of this center and the employees that work there. This would also include a substantial pay raise for me, which in turn could lead to me being able to have that fabulous dinner party I have been talking about. They would also work with me if I got into grad school, which in turn could lead to a foot in the door when I become a therapist.

Sounds great huh? There are only 2 things that are making me stop and think about accepting this position.
The 1st is that it's in Las Vegas. The 2nd is that I would have to be moving within 1-2 months. I have approximately a week to decide what I want to do about this and it is making me sick to my stomach. Anyone who knows me, knows that my guts do not handle things like this well, especially when I have to make such a quick decision. 75% of me wants to go so bad, and the other 25% of me is full of fear. I have always been the type of person that tells others to not be afraid to live life and go where the road takes you, but it is a different story when it comes to myself.

I have been trying to go over the pro's and con's and have come up with a few things. Pro's include great opportunity for me, a GREAT pay raise, a chance to try something new in life, and of course the fact that I will never worry about being cold again (Oh yeah!). Con's include leaving my family (whom I love so much!) and missing out on seeing my precious niece and nephew grow up (which breaks my heart!). Rebuttal to this is that it is really only 5-6 hours away by car, which is really not that far, but I may be putting in a lot more hours as well, which doesn't leave a lot of free time for travel. Cost of living is only a 4% increase and my raise will MORE than make up for that. So I have a really big decision to make and I would appreciate any and all input that you may have. Of course you would all have a place to stay if you were ever to go to Vegas for whatever reason!

9 comments:

Sephalo said...

Here's more to think about: 1, its not like you're gonna be gone FOREVER! 2, you ARE my Travel Companion so you have flight benefits whenever you want. It is a HUGE decision, but I think you shoul take it! Even if for some reason it wasnt working out, you'd just come back home. I LOVE YOU!

Monica Lifferth said...

I say do it too. By the sound of your pros, this is a chance you shouldn't miss out on. Like Steph said, if you absolutely hate it you can always come home. YOu won't have a job, but hey, you'll always have family! ;)

Smiley Family said...

We would miss you like crazy! But it does sound like an awesome opportunity and we would definitely come visit. Plus, it is a sun seeker's paradise! Good luck with the decision making.

Anonymous said...

I will help you move, if you decide to go, i support you in whatever you do but make sure you get a place with 2 bedrooms for visitors...


Brian

myjoy.blogspot.com said...

Stacey, this opportunity sounds great. I wish I could say something profound and inspiring but all I can say is that I think you should go for it. You are fabulous and so smart, they would be lucky to have you.... and I would love to have somewhere to stay when visiting Vegas. I think the pros outweigh the cons. Good luck with your decision, I would not like to be making the decision. PS make sure you live where there is a pool, you know how much I like to tan HA HA HA

myjoy.blogspot.com said...

P.S. I finally figured out how to post my blog, you should be so proud of me. I need to go back now on your 5,000 blogs and post my comments. Love ya

myjoy.blogspot.com said...

Why does my myjoy.blogspot.com come up instead of my name????? maybe I haven't figured this out yet?????

Hello! said...

Ok, my turn to put in my two cents. DO IT! It's a super opportunity!! Fear should NEVER hold you back. Remember our moto for this year??? Live girl.
I'll miss you but we always have our blogs!!!

Mary said...

You cannot pass this up! What is the worst that could happen??? You would be happy,tanned and have money. Hmmm....