CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It never fails....

So I am still in Vegas for the rest of this week and had a minute in my lonely hotel room
and thought I would share a story. I was pretty sure that this trip was going to be an uneventful one for me, unlike the past 2, but of course it's me we're talking about!

I decided I was going to eat in the hotel restaurant for dinner tonight. Being alone, I decided to just sit at the counter instead of taking up a table. I sat down in the only available stool and there was an older guy (45-50) sitting next to me.
He proceeds to say hello and I say hello back and he asks me if I am here for business or pleasure. I tell him business and he introduces himself as Brian. I introduce myself and he asks where I am from. I tell him SLC and he says that he has a girlfriend from Magna and then begins backtracking about her not really being his girlfriend. At this point, I can tell the guy is a little intoxicated, but he seems nice enough. Next thing I know he is standing up next to me and says........
Excuse me? Still standing right next to me, he explains a guy in the bathroom sprayed him with cologne and he wants to know if it smells good on him. Um, no thanks. Luckily he took no for an answer and sat down.

I proceed (very fast) through my dinner and he is just talking and talking. First it's about why he put $100 on the Boston Celtics (because there arms were swinging in sync when they were walking, and that's a good sign), and how his birthday was yesterday and it is a great birthday to have (because John Wayne and Stevie Nicks were also born on that day). The best part (other than the smelling thing) was when he asked me if there were fish in Salt Lake. I said "well there are places to fish", and he says "no in Salt Lake", and I say "the great salt lake", and he says "yes". I tell him "no but that there are other lakes with fish". He then says, "why do women do that?" and I say "what?" and he says "answer questions that were never asked". I said "what do you mean" and he says "I simply asked about the Salt Lake and a simple yes or no was what I wanted, not that there were fish in other lakes". Then he starts in on his "girlfriend" and how she always does that and it drives him crazy. Ok dude, I am outta here. I was a little worried he would follow me, but he didn't.

Apparently moving to Vegas is going to give me a lot to blog about.

This is for Stephanie who wanted to see Trump tower, it is the view from my hotel window.

6 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Weird-o! I'm glad he didn't follow you. I'm sure you'll have many more interesting Vegas stories to blog about, can't wait!

Sandi said...

zi hope you are careful about any weirdosl I'll have to worry about you all the time.

Sephalo said...

That is SO AWESOME! hahaha I'm so excited for Vegas stories, whoo hoo!

Hello! said...

You've already got the best Vegas stories and you don't even officially live there yet!!

Mary said...

Ewwwww. Another character in the Vegas Chronicles.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was fabulous!!