CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

I just wanted to say Happy 4th of July and that I am so thankful to live where I live and have the things that I have. I try to be grateful everyday for how fortunate I am and I try hard not to take things for granted.

*Vegas fact-Honking your horn is a vital part of the driving process. One must honk their horn even if traffic is backed up and there is no where to go. If you want to avoid being honked at, you must ALWAYS be speeding. This includes residential areas, parking lots, and school zones.

*Vegas fact-You do not have to be a dirty person or live in a slum to have roaches. They are everywhere. If you can't handle this, you need to move far away from Vegas. Roaches are constantly sprayed for which keeps the population down significantly and you typically don't have to worry about them. Roaches like to come INSIDE the apartment to die. (the following image is graphic, please proceed with caution)
*Vegas fact-If you live in Vegas and you like to where flip-flops, you will have to deal with dirty black feet. I do not know why this is, just deal with it.

*Vegas fact-The water that comes out of the tap does not get cold, ever. Nor does it get hot, ever. It is lukewarm, always. It does not taste very good either. The ice tastes the same way. Deal with it.

*Vegas fact-Basic Cable is almost $60. Car insurance is over $100 a month and that is not full coverage. My super-size economy jar of Kosher Dill pickles is $4.50 instead of $2.50.

  • Ross dress for Less has much cuter clothes here, but Target does not.
  • No one knew what a Hostess Raspberry Zinger was. I bought everyone in the office one. They loved it.
  • A crime report for the area is delivered to the mailbox on a weekly basis.
  • We hit a 116 yesterday and I will deny ever saying this, but it was too hot!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

prin said...

seems you are settling in quite nicely :) hey, can you send me your email address to: dkfaircloth@hotmail.com

I have some questions I want to ask you...not personal...job related.

Celeste said...

Wow- that was quite interesting facts. I think I'm a little more depressed than before. I think we better get you some fresh water. I will also have to mail you some pickles. I love that you shared a zinger with everyone. That is great! I never thought I would hear you say that it was too hot. I love you and don't know if I want to visit anymore.

Sandi said...

What beautiful fireworks.I don't want to think about the cockroaches.The price of pickles is killing you I bet. Can you buy bottles water that tastes better?