CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Booooring

I think I have the most boring life right now. Again my compulsion to blog and I really have nothing. The heat here has really not bothered me too much but today I swear it was 200 degrees. I usually don't use the AC in my car because I am in such stop and go traffic (trying to economize my fuel!) but I HAD to today, I felt like I was melting to the seat!

I took my car into Auto Zone to have a diagnostic test (check engine light came on) and the guy who helped me called me beautiful multiple times! ALWAYS nice to hear, lol! Luckily I apparently just needed a new gas cap. He also hooked me up with a mobile mechanic that is honest and has the cheapest rates in town. He is an older guy and reminds of someone my dad would like, so I had a good feeling about it. It is hard being in a place not knowing anyone, and trying to figure out who you can trust. Especially when your really optimistic like me (dripping sarcasm).

I am working my butt off, close to 10 hours a day and then I come home, make dinner, and read. SOOOOO exciting! I did read the last book in the Twilight series in 1 day though (755 pages) because I just could NOT put it down! Seriously great series! I have read more in the last 2 months than I have in awhile. I probably go through 3 books a week.

My job has kept me pretty busy and they keep adding responsibilities on me, but of course I am up to the challenge. I like to keep really busy at work. I had a good conversation with a co-worker who is in charge of all the practicum at UNLV so I think I have a good in there. I am still doing crisis calls and had to call 911 on a guy the other day who was going to shoot himself. It ended up in this big police standoff at his apartment with hostage negotiations there. He did give up though, so it had a good ending. Just another day in my world!

I have been really hesitant to start any kind of exercise program because it is so freakin hot. I did hang out at the pool all weekend though, worshiping the sun and workin on my sunblock tan, and had the bright idea that I could swim for exercise and stay cool in the process. Duh! Of course, I have not been able to pull my butt out of bed early enough to do it. These things take awhile for me!

I got the results of my allergy test back and it was nothing new. I still have problems with grasses, trees, and animals but all of the food tests were clear. So now I am totally confused as I am still breaking out in hives on almost a daily basis. I would have sworn that it was dairy but I guess not. The only thing it did not test for is fruit, so I guess that is a possibility. I need to call the doctor again I guess. It is really driving me crazy though and I am getting concerned that I may be getting an addiction to Benadryl. Sometimes I suffer just so I am not taking it every night. I really don't know what else to do. Maybe I am allergic to myself!

That's it, that's all I got. I will try and seek out a funny and entertaining story for my next post. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

prin said...

you keeping a diary of what you eat, what your wearing, what your sitting on, what's in your house, when you break out? changed your air filter lately? they steam cleaned your carpet before you moved in right? I moved into this apartment once and was doing that and come to find out the people before me had 2 big dogs and there was leftover feces in the carpet complete with fleas...ugh! sorry your having fits, i can't think of anything worse that hives and heat. take care of yourself :)

Linda said...

I'm not sure if you remember me but I worked with you at Wellplace for over 3 years (That is my attempt at sarcasm). Congrats on your new job. I am very happy for you. You totally deserved a big promotion because you are a super worker. I know you don't talk on the phone (except all day at work) so email sometime at:
ldmorrow23@gmail.com
I miss you and your crazy sense of humor!! Sorry about your hives. That sucks!

Sandi said...

I know your miserable with the hives."Check back with your doc. on what foods they test. Dad is feeling erible with his micderable. Dad and I get to watch the Monkey and TJ this afternoon. I really excited. Well, as excited as I seem to be able to get. Haven't seem them for about 2 weeks. Love and miss you. Mom