CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Car

I got my car in 2001 and it has been the best car I have ever had. I have rarely had any problems with it and even paid it off a few years ago. My plan has always been to just run this car into the ground before I get a new one. My car has 105,000 miles on it so I knew it was bound to start having a few problems. Well a few weeks ago it started to idle a little funny and my check engine light came on so I ran it into Auto Zone for a diagnostic test. While I was there I met a guy who is a mobile mechanic and he gave me his card in case I had problems. The test said that it was probably a gas cap so I replaced it. It continued to idle funny and I am starting to get paranoid about breaking down in the middle of insane Las Vegas traffic, plus the fact that I HAVE to have a car here. About a week later the engine light came back on. I had a good feeling about the mechanic (Wayne) and gave him a call. I figured I could use a tune up as well and $250 bucks later I had a bunch of new parts in my engine! It was actually a pretty good deal for everything he did. So I left, still idling funny, light came back on, met with Wayne, ordered some parts ($100), and will get it fixed on Monday. I just keep telling myself that it is cheaper to do this than make car payments every month!

With that being said, here is my pool....


Man I love the sun!

I also picked up these books so that I can start exploring a little bit. I really miss the mountains of Utah but decided I can love the Nevada desert just as much! Sandy and Ben have been my inspiration!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That is it Stace. Just keep putting the money in it. When it gets down to a new engine...

Love your pool. So inviting! I can imagine you lounging with a book there.

Sure do miss you!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I'm jealous of your pool. It sounds so fabulous to sit and read by the pool.
Sorry about your car, hopefully you won't have to put any more money into it for awhile.

Amy said...

Oh how I miss your butter 49...or was it 43? Hows the Stacey mat holding up in the LV heat???? I should be sitting next to you at your pool!!!!
xoxo

Smiley Family said...

I finally read your post! I am a blog slacker these days. So sorry about your car! But it's true, it is much cheaper than a payment.

It was so good to see you this weekend. I am really hoping Brian, the kids and I can come down in October during my fall break. We could use a vacation:)