CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Book Club

So I went to my first book club meeting today. I think it is going to be really good and there is a variety of people so that should make the conversations interesting! We met at the "Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf". There were 5 people there but the girl running it said she had a few more men and women that just couldn't make it today. We just went over the types of books we like to read and settled on one from a list that sounded interesting. The girl who runs it is from Maryland and is around my age. There is an older lady from Maine, another girl from Sandy (woo-hoo) and a fella from Ohio. Kind of funny we all meet up in Vegas! I have been going a little crazy not really knowing anyone here, so I am really excited for this!

I did go out with the girl I work with and we went line dancing! Not really my cup of tea but desperate times call for desperate measures! I really like the girl I work with but am not too sure about her friends. I don't judge people but they are barely in their twenties, so we really don't have a lot in common. They were all very nice though and they do this every week, so I at least have some people to go out with regularly. Maybe I will become a world famous line dancer.

I also treated myself to a massage yesterday. Talk about Heaven! There is a local place that had a $40 hour massage special for people that had never been there. It was great! They give you this plush robe to put on and then put you in this meditation room while you wait. Very Shi-Shi! It was a much needed thing and really helped to relax me!

That was it for my weekend. I really miss everyone and will probably be coming home for a visit soon. I need to see something green and not flat! I am starting to think there is no color left in the world!

7 comments:

Smiley Family said...

A massage sounds heavenly - that is something that I have never done! Can you believe it?! Anyway, come home soon!!! We would all love to see you. And while you are here you can teach me some line dancin' moves, hehe :)

Smiley Family said...

I just read your last post (I have been so behind in blogging lately) and I am wondering what you heard from your allergy test?

P.S. And I am so impressed with you branching out to meet new people.

Hello! said...

#1- I can't believe you are cheating on us. Another book club? Hurt is all I can feel.

#2- World Famous Line Dancer. It could totally become your new profession and you're going to make all sorts of moolah and maybe one day even meet Paris Hilton.

#3- LOVE meditation rooms before a massage. It's in places like this that I can pretend that I'm high class. I especially like it when they give you tea to sip and little snacks to munch on when you're waiting. The only downfall is that sometimes you have to pee right in the middle of your massage. Luckily I've been able to hold it...

Amy said...

Good for you for getting a massage. I am so proud of you for finding stuff to do. I wish it was as easy as first grade to find friends. Remember when it only took a smile and a request to share a swing to make a new friend. Too bad you live in a state where a smile is something to be wary of. "Really lady, i'm not crazy, I just want to be friends." On the other hand, it does take more than a pretty barrette to want to be friends with someone. anyway, I'm rambling. more like procrastinating. Hey, 3 kids, rainy day, end of summer vacation=fun Right??????????????

Amy said...

what book did you choe?os

Sandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandi said...

thanks stacey