CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why I'm a BBW

Today I decided I was going to get back on track with my eating. Not that I have been eating all that horrible but any deviance from ALL healthy food for me, makes it impossible for me to lose weight. Yes I will blame it on my metabolism. So my healthy diet includes fruits, vegetables, whole wheat, flax, soy products, pickles, and foods with omega fats. I also decided to add up the cost of my food for a week eating this way as well as what it would cost me to do what I usually do which is cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch, and depending on what I have in the house, a cheap dinner. So eating cheap for a week typically cost's me around $25 to $30 dollars. I went to the grocery store armed with a list of all the healthy foods I was going to eat this week and do you know what my total was? $60 dollars!!!!!! That is DOUBLE my usual food bill. Now I know a lot of you are thinking that is a cheap grocery bill for a week, but you have to remember I am only feeding MYSELF! Not a family of 4! So this is the reason I am a big, beautiful woman! It is not my aversion to structured exercise or that I really like pastries. It is that I simply can't afford to be thin! I am ok with that. So are these guys.

4 comments:

Sephalo said...

You Go With Your Big Bad Beautiful Self Girl! WhooHoo! I LOVE You Just The Way You Are!

Monica Lifferth said...

I know what you mean. It is so pricey to eat healthy. If they want the price of healthcare to go down they need to lower the prices on healthy food and raise the prices on junk. That's what I think. :)

The Lund Five said...

I agree with both Stephanie and Monica. It's too bad that it is so expensive to eat healthy. If people are going to criticize America for being "fat" they need to lower prices for healthy food so that people can afford to buy them.

Mary said...

Isn't that the truth! I paid 3.99 a pound for tomatoes to make "healthy" salsa!!!! I could have bought a gallon of salsa for that. Preservatives are the culprits for cheap food.

I try to convince myself that I am saving money in the long run by not having to by medication to counteract the effects of the junk food.

You are a beautiful woman!!!! And always will be.