CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Humiliation

I have never considered myself the type of girl who can't do anything a man can do, besides lifting heavy things and peeing standing up, but there are times in my life that I definitely FEEL that way.

Yesterday as I was driving home from work, and all I wanted to do was go home and take off my heels. The responsible part of me took over though and I made a detour to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things. As I was turning the corner, the truck in front of me lost something.
That innocent looking bucket proceeded to make it's way right under my very low to the ground car, and stuck. Have you ever heard the sound of a plastic bucket being scraped forcefully against asphalt? It's not quiet. So I pull into the stores parking lot and pull into a parking spot. A man walks over pointing underneath my car and I nod and wave him off. Yeah dude, I can hear it! I look under my car and this bucket is completely wedged underneath my car and it ain't budgin! Now add onto this that it is raining and the ground is soaking wet, I am in my new heels (very hot!), and a skirt. Hmm. There is no way I can get on the ground without flashing everyone. I then think about getting out my car jack from the trunk when I remember my trunk is completely PACKED with stuff I was planning on taking to the homeless shelter a few months ago!

So I do what no man would probably ever do and I decide to drive home. I figure that due to the fact that it is a plastic bucket, the asphalt will eventually wear it down enough that it will come loose and set me free. I also deduct that my car is a lot tougher than a plastic bucket so I am pretty sure I will not damage my car in anyway. I mean really, what is a few blocks of humiliation to save yourself the embarrassment of showing everyone your bum! So off I go, making everyones ears bleed as I drive the blocks, and blocks, and blocks home. You should have seen the guys at Jiffy Lube staring at me! It actually took a lot longer than I thought for that stinkin bucket to wear down enough to get loose and I was pulling into my parking lot when it finally broke free. As far as I can tell, there is no damage to my car but the damage that my pride took more than covers it!

I am sorry if I made you cringe Brian, but at least I saved you a trip from having to come and rescue me, once again.

So embarrassing!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

i THINK YOUR VERY BRAVE I'm not so brave to even think whAt I would do to fix the situation I love you .

Sephalo said...

Could you not have put the car in reverse to make the bucket come out? Just thinkin... I'm gonna call you McGyver :)

Anonymous said...

Remind me how we are related... ?

Brian