CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Post 50


I have reached my 50th post and have decided I will just do a list of 50 things about me. Some it if you may already know but hopefully there will be some things that you don't.

1. I am a Gemini
2. I am always cold and my feet always feel like ice.
3. I love pickles
4. I can't sleep without my body pillow
5. I love to read
6. I want to live in Mexico on the beach
7. I have an irrational fear of bees
8. I am a hypochondriac
9. I hate wearing a bra
10. I invited a homeless man to have dinner with my friends and I after a concert once, they thought I was crazy.
11. I love taking black and white pictures of children.
12. The furthest East I have been is Illinois/Wisconsin
13. I love to play Scrabble. It is not just a game to me though and I am ruthless when I play. It is the only game I take so seriously.
14. I HATE onions. Even saying the word makes me want to throw up.
15. I love plants and gardening. If I had my own place I would have the most amazing garden and would never need to buy vegetables from the store again.
16. I have been close to dying twice. Once in a car wreck, once after I broke my leg and had blood clots fill up my lung. Both times it turned out fine. It has made me believe that there is something I need to do here and I continue to do the most with my life to figure it out.
17. Sometimes I take Benadryl when I don't need it just so I can get a good nights sleep.
18. I love horror films, even really bad slasher films. I have never seen a movie that REALLY scared me.

19. I chew ice and I can't seem to stop even though I know how bad it is for my teeth. I LOVE it!
20. I hate talking on the phone.
21. I can't sleep if there is even a little bit of light in the room. I have the window blocked out in my room and I also have an eye mask for times when light comes under the door or the VCR light is bothering me too much.
22. I have a hard time throwing things away, which means I have a lot of useless junk.
23. Even though I am not thin, I know a lot about fitness and health.
24. I have always wanted to be a photo journalist.
25. I burn incense in my car.
26. I worked at a store that sold mens dress shirts and I realize that is a great place to meet guys. Too bad I was in high school at the time.
27. I want to learn to speak Spanish, Italian, and French.
28. I am afraid of deep bodies of water that I can't see my feet in. I imagine there are huge freaky critters down there and I don't want to step on them or have them touch my feet.
29. I love snakes.
30. I was a cheerleader in high school.
31. I hate fighting and can't watch boxing or ultimate fighting because I don't like to see people get hurt, even though I know it is a sport. This includes people yelling at each other. Your point doesn't get across more because your yelling, it just makes you look irrational.
32. I was fired from Hogi Yogi when I was in college because I got my nose pierced and refused to take it out for work.
33. I like to watch people when they don't know your watching. Not because I am weird, but because I like to see people in their natural environments. You learn a lot about people that way which really helps in my line of work.
34. I love to sing and am one of those people that belt it out in the car. You know the ones you stare and laugh at, that's me.

35. I can't meditate. I have tried numerous times. I typically just get mad and give up. Therefore meditation=stress to me.
36. I love infomercials, especially in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.
37. I get butterflies in my stomach when I see or watch Anderson Cooper.
38. I love tattoos and would ultimately love to have full sleeves.
39. My favorite number is 24 and my favorite color is blue.
40. I love going to yard sales in the summer and seeing what kinds of cool things I can buy to fix up.
41. I wish I could grow my hair down to my butt.
42. I feel most at peace camping in the mountains or sitting next to the ocean breathing in the air.
43. I wish I knew how to play a musical instrument, especially the guitar.
44. Even though I eat meat, I hate the thought of animals dying for me (apparently not enough to stop eating meat though)
45. This post is harder than I thought it would be.
46. I believe in ghosts.
47. I would like to end up with someone like a doctor or pilot because they are away a lot and I like to have my space. Perfect fit.
48. I love bad boys. Not the kind that abuse you and treat you like crap, the kind that look like they just crawled out from under a greasy car, muscles glistening. The kind that keep you wondering what their thinking and aren't afraid to stand up to you. The kind with tattoos and motorcycles. I could go on but won't.
49. I think there is nothing better in the world than laughter.
50. And finally, last but not least, I have found that I really enjoy writing since I started this blog and I may try my hand out at it. Would you read a memoir about my life?

Happy 50th post dear blog!

8 comments:

Sandi said...

I would love to write a memoir about your life. I know some pretty good some stuff.

The Lund Five said...

Wow! What A list. I don't know when I will get to my 50th post but maybe I will attempt to do the same thing. I also can't sleep without my body pillow. I love it!!!!

Sephalo said...

Didnt know about the homeless guy and the whole Anderson Cooper thing, you're weird. lol I love reading about you! Write on sis!

Smiley Family said...

GREAT post! I think I am almost to my 100th post - there is no way I am coming up with 100 things about myself!! A coupla things...Why 24? Really, full sleeves?!? And I can't believe you have never REALLY been scared by a movie. That is NUTS! I am such a wuss. LOVE ya:)

brian said...

I would love to read a book on you, I think i knew most of these but some were a good reminder... You Rock

All About M.E.('s) said...

Fabulous post! I would definitely read your memoirs-matter of fact, I would choose your book for book club!!

Ms K said...

Love your list Stac....and it was a bit of a surprise to see how many I also would list. I say go for the book. I self published one of my writings a few years back for friends and family - think I sent a copy to your mom. Okay, guess I'll have to get a blog too now - you've reinspired me to start up by blog writing again - in fact that's how I ended up with the name Rowan...it is my pen name. Love you dear...Aunt Kittie

Hello! said...

Seriously, you were a cheerleader in high school? Say it isn't so. I don't know if we can be friends anymore. Good thing you like really bad slasher films. That is saving you right now.