CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Mask

If you remember my previous post on my Mexican mask, I talked about how it may be possessed due to the white powder that comes out of it. Well something happened the other day that has me convinced.

When I moved into the new apartment, the mask was one of the first things I hung up on the wall next to my other Mexican mask and the paintings that Amy did. It was hung up the way it is always hung up and it happily sat there for a couple weeks. The other day I was getting ready for work (around 6:30am) and I walk out of the bathroom into the living. As I am gathering my things the mask flies off of the wall and lands face up on the ground. No reason for this whatsoever. It is hung by a cord which was still intact and the nail still sitting nicely in the wall.









This is the wall it was on. Look at where the flash reflected the light. Looks kind of strange.

I will admit it creeped me out a little bit. My theory is that it doesn't like hanging on that wall. So I hung it back it up in the same spot to see if it will happen again. I love this stuff!

Enough on that though. I have really been missing book club since I left and I have tried to find one here without luck. I went to Barnes and Noble but it seems all of theirs are online. I am not sure what I am going to do, but I am in desperate need for some stimulating, intellectual conversation!

Lastly, if you have tried calling or texting me and I have not responded, it is because of my crappy new phone. Apparently it is hit or miss and it may tell me you called and it may not. So feel free to try again! Good times!

6 comments:

Smiley Family said...

FREAKY!! We miss having you at book club! You need to just organize your own - it would be for stimulating conversation and a great way to make some friends. When are you coming up for a visit? My kids miss their aunt Stacey!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I know you like stuff like that, but it is a little too creppy for me. I would have thrown that mask out long ago. Of course, THAT mask probably would have found its way back into the house. Book club misses you too!

Sandi said...

Only you would have a possessed Mexican mask! I love and miss you. I'm going to post some pictures of my trip to WA as soon as Stephanie shows me how.

Sephalo said...

Dude.... I'd get myself so far from that thing you dont even know!

Mary said...

Oh my gosh that would creep me out. How can you leave it unattended while you are at work. I would box it up and put it outside.

You are a sensitive soul to the beyond.

Sandi said...

What is that white circle on the wall eminating from the mask? oooooooooo!