CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pharmaceuticals

I have said it before and I will say it forever, pharmaceutical companies are pure EVIL! That being said, they are also necessary. Pharmaceutical companies will wine and dine you like crazy (see previous post) to get you to try out their medications on people.

Since I started working in Vegas I have really seen the effects of this. We are constantly getting gifts, treats, and almost every Friday we get free lunch brought to us. I am not talking sandwiches here, I am talking lasagna, breadsticks, and salads! While this is cause for joy around the office, it completely sickens me, and I choose not to partake in such events.

Here are some photos of things that were just on MY desk when I arrived:

Paper Clip Holder

Calendar

Post It Notes

Pens are the most popular gift!

There are also cups for everyones enjoyment as well as the clock on the wall, courtesy of Zoloft, the universal antidepressant!

What really cracked me up though was this:

Oh thank goodness you put that warning on there, because I was POSITIVE I was getting a popcorn bag chock full of medication!

So there you have it, selling drugs at it's finest!

2 comments:

prin said...

now, princess, you know that drug companies have the best pens! My mother created the intensive care unit at the va here and boy did the drug companies woo her. we had all sorts of stuff at home. everything from hemostats to thermometers. I don't think they give out stuff like that anymore but thank god i kept those hemostats, they come in so handy for so many things. we had one pair that was at least a foot and half long (don't ask me what the real purpose for those was) mama used to use them to light the pilot light of the floor furnace every year. i know if she hadn't been equipped with those stats there would have been a lot more cussing going on :) I still beg for drug pens when I go to the doctors office :) they also bring samples to the doctors office and were it not for those samples I would not have had all the stratera I needed to get me and my old brain through school or my asthma inhalers or my blood pressure medicine. I do agree with you that they are evil in many ways but there are many patients out there that would not have what they need and that do benefit from some of their practices. They could do a great deal more in that area if they chose to, I agree.

Anonymous said...

If you get any cool pens i want one...