CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This and That

Not too much to share right now but always have the compulsion to blog something!

I think I have found a book club (YEAH!). I found it on Craigslist, and it is a group of 30 somethings including both men and women. I have never been in a book club with men and am looking forward to the different view points. We have our first meeting on Sunday and are meeting at a coffee shop. We are all supposed to come with ideas for the first book, any suggestions? I will let you know how it goes!

I can't stand to work in a place where there is no laughter, so I am always trying to find ways to keep the mood light at work. I have been wanting to learn Spanish for a long time now and since the majority of my co-workers, speak Spanish, I have made it a point to pick up as much as I can. For the past week I have taken my Spanish dictionary and phrase book to work and look up phrases to use throughout the day. Needless to say, my co-workers find this very amusing and apparently my "Spanish" is very "American". I keep telling them, one day they will be talking about me behind my back in Spanish and I will know EXACTLY what they are saying!

I am still having trouble with hives. This began a few weeks before I left for Vegas and at the time I chalked it up to stress. Well I am not under any real stress right now and I am still breaking out in hives everyday. I really believe that it is food related at this point and my food allergies as a kid have possibly resurfaced. I went to the Dr. last week to get some allergy tests done and I went thinking they were going to do the scratch test on my back. Instead he took 6 vials of blood and told me I was done. Maybe technology has advanced or I got a crappy test. Either way, I am hoping to find out tomorrow just what is going on. Then I will have to wean myself off of Benadryl.

That is about it for now, I know real exciting! I am hoping my social life starts to pick up a little more. There is a therapist at work that has invited me out with her and her friends and she seems really cool so I am hoping that will help!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so glad you have the compulsion to blog. I so love reading whats going on.

Maybe you are allergic to BENADRYL!!!
EEEEEk.

I wish I had a book suggestion but I am reading what you have already read. Eat,Pray,Love.

How about The Last Lecture? Randy Pausch has a "bookclub" discussion outline on his website.

Love you to pieces.

Sandi said...

have you checked out rosetta stone for your spanish?