CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 5, 2007

Am I mean?


We have a new girl at work and she told me today, in a joking manner, that I was mean! Now I have been told this before by numerous people and it really got me to thinking. What is the image I am putting out to people? Now you have to understand that the work that I do is very difficult. You hear sad, upsetting, disturbing stories everyday, all day and you have to have a pretty thick skin not to take these things home with you. I will admit that I am pessimistic (which I call realistic) but at the same time I care about the people I talk to and help or I wouldn't be doing what I am doing. We have a habit at work of making jokes out of things that you would never do in daily life, it is a way of coping. So I guess to people outside of the field (or new people at work) this comes across as mean. So I guess in the end, I could be a little more careful about what I say but I will not make apologies for the way I cope with the bad parts of the world! I am sure Dr's, nurses, cops, and many other people would say the same thing! I am not mean!

5 comments:

Sephalo said...

You're not mean at all... you're a PRINCESS! hee hee LOVE YA!

Smiley Family said...

I am all for telling it like it is. But you do have to be careful because some things should not be said - no matter how much you want to say them. That is a fine line. But no, I do not think you are mean. At least not to me!! :)

Paul and Brookelle Thomsen said...

I really like your sassy personality it is the only thing that gets me through the work day! I love you just the way you are :)

brian said...

Uhhhhh yes you are mean, you always have been and always will be. Dont let these other people try to sugar coat it. You suck and are very mean...

:-)

Army wife said...

You are a Gemini. Enough said.