CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mexican Mask


Approximately 3-4 years ago I took a trip to Mexico and purchased a mask that I was told was a "protection" mask. I love Mexican art and thought it would be a great thing to add to my collection. Well as the years have passed, this mask has consistently produced a "white powder" out of it's various face parts. I originally thought it was coming from my ceiling in my old apartment but never saw anything that looked like it was falling from the ceiling. I recently moved into a new apartment and in the process of moving cleaned off the mask and put it up in my new room. Well lo and behold the mysterious powder reappeared! I know for a fact now that this has nothing to do with the ceiling or the wall and the powder is coming through the actual mask. I have tried to Google it to see if anyone has had similar situations but have been unable to find anything. Here are some pictures as proof of what I am talking about. I don't get weirded out by things like this but I know Stephanie would have thrown it away the second she realized it was "possessed". Any theories?
You can see the powder that fell on the leaf below.








10 comments:

Celeste said...

Stacey,
I have seen this phenomenon and it is odd. I'm thinking it's either cocaine leaking out of the mask. Or it is a good luck mucus form the gods of Mexico!!!!

Mary said...

This is obviously the cremated remains of the god of good luck! How silly you didn't know that! Once his "remains" are spread throughout your house, "good luck" cleaning it up. Har, har, I crack myself up!

Celeste said...

I have to apologize to everyone for making a typo on stacey's blog page. I meant to say mucus FROM the gods. Thank you for understanding

Army wife said...

WOW,this is sure neat. I also have a mask from Mexico. So just now I went to go look at mine and thought I saw white stuff also but turns out its just dust. I really need to clean.
Congrats on getting the weird phenomenon mask.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I don't know. I with Stephanie on this one, I would get creeped out and throw it away. However, I bet if you threw it away, it would find its way back onto your wall. Scary!

Sephalo said...

Yeah Mindy! If that mask was in my house and did that I would FREAK! Gives me the creeps...lol For Real

DEE said...

Here is my theory on "the mask dust", It's a face powder. You mix it with wine. Once you blend those two ingredients and spread it across your face you will look 20 years older. (Haha) just kidding. I think the fact that it does that is amazing I would never throw it away

Monica Lifferth said...

Freaky! Okay, I'm married to a very logical guy and in the almost 9 years we have been together...well lets just say I'm not much of a dreamer anymore and am much more "realistic" than I used to be.

I think it is infested with some little Mexican worm that is burrowing around inside and dropping powder everywhere. I dunno. Good luck with that one!

Randy said...

Hi, we have the same problem...bought mask in Dec. 07, white powder, wee tiny holes..etc. is this termites? mites? worms......have you found out...don't want them to take over the house...let me know..thanks
Randy
Canada

Princess said...

Funny thing is, I moved to Vegas a little over 2 years ago and I have not had any powder come out of it since I moved.....