CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Recipes


I love to cook and I am always on the look out for new recipes. I mainly look for recipes that are healthy but look like they would actually have some flavor to them. 95% of the time I change the recipe to fit what I like and what I think a better ingredient might be. So every once in awhile I am going to post a recipe that I have tried that I find exceptionally delicious.

Greek Quinoa with Avocado

1/2 C. uncooked Quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced (or however much you like)
1 C. water
2 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
1 C. Shredded fresh Spinach
1 Avocado, chopped
1/3 C. Feta Cheese
2 Tblsp Fresh Basil, chopped (optional if you are not a fan)
2 Tblsp Lemon Juice
2 Tblsp Olive Oil (I use Extra Virgin)
1/2 Tsp Salt

In a small saucepan, combine Quinoa, garlic, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.

In another bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and feta, (basil if using). Whip up the lemon juice, oil, and salt and add to the above mixture. Add the Quinoa when it is done cooking and mix all together.

Eat and enjoy! I loved it!

2 comments:

Sephalo said...

This sounds good..make it for me! Love Ya

Mary said...

Stacey Leeann that sounds so delicious and flavorful! I just started using Quinoa this summer and am so happy to have a new recipe. Thanks!